Training negotiators to achieve creative and impactful outcomes.
Strategic advice on multilateral processes. Real-world experience.
In-depth, simulation-based negotiation and leadership programs for students, diplomats, and other professionals based on our book “Negotiating at the United Nations: A Practitioner’s Guide.”
Participants practice negotiating, with opportunities to evaluate different tactics and discuss the most effective strategies; gain knowledge of negotiation dynamics and insight into their personal negotiator skillset; broaden negotiation experience and gain confidence in negotiations of all types.
Adaptable multiple-day training sessions featuring simulations with real-time feedback
Full- or Partial-day workshops prepare diplomats for negotiations at the United Nations, help interested individuals better understand UN negotiations, or enhance participants’ negotiation skills and ability in any setting.
Lecture topics can include:
- Understanding the negotiation process and the dynamics of a negotiation;
- Insight into the diplomatic arena, both bilateral and multilateral venues;
- Details of the United Nations system and how it works, including protocol and procedure;
- The process of negotiating and adopting a multilateral outcome;
- Tips for effectiveness and best use of specific negotiation tactics and strategies;
- Awareness of power dynamics and how to mitigate power asymmetries;
- Practice applying negotiation techniques tailored to each individual.
Strategic advice to delegations on multilateral processes, protocol, procedure, tactics, strategy, and preparation. Support in multilateral policy development and communication, with a focus on sustainable development.